Hello from South Florida!  Honestly, I always say that the best part of my job is getting to visit with you all on the road.  This week I escaped Winston for the sandy beaches and smiling faces of Florida.  It’s been a whirlwind thus far (I’m sure you’ll hear more from Owen here soon!), but  there’s always something magical about watching someone experience the Streakin’ Deacon for the first time.  Whether it’s a brutal game of Connect Four, a conversation with new Demon Deacon parents who are fully embracing their new black & gold ties, or teaching our littlest Deacons how to clap along to the fight song, the memories created while on the Streakin’ Deacon are absolutely priceless.

Now down to business. My blog posts may not yield hashtags that are quite as fun as #grippyfeet, but I wanted to share some exciting updates with you all.  The Streakin’ Deacon Tour is now on Facebook!  Having a Facebook Page allows us to reach a wider audience and share our events from WAKECommunities Facebook pages, while giving you all another platform to ask questions, share pictures, and reminisce about those days at Mother, So Dear.  Whether you’ve attended an event or are patiently waiting for us to roll into your town, hop on over, give us a like, and invite your friends!

It’s back to the sunshine and off to Ft. Lauderdale for me.  Hope to see you all soon!

Go Deacs!

Chelsea